"A mind once stretched by a new idea can never regain its original dimensions." ~Oliver Wendall Holmes

Current Weather Info

Current Sun and Moon Info

Monday, November 16, 2009

The Anchorage List

It's an ongoing list. The Anchorage list is the list of things that want to pick up on the few occasions that I make it into the city. It's the list of things that I would NEVER pay Bethel prices for and, therefore, will wait to buy until I can pay reasonable prices for in Anchorage. The Anchorage grows and grows until it is finally massive and in actuality I end up not being able to buy everything because it wont all fit. The list in categorized into types of things to buy. Let me give you an idea of what I mean....

Grocery...
biscuits
jimmy dean sausage
green tea
peanut butter
sugar
hot chocolate
rice
trail mix
pickles
coffee mate
cocktail sauce
frozen shrimp
chicken breasts
miracle whip
cooking spray
pizza and pasta seasoning
sure-gel
craisins
coffee
hamburger/ground serloin
onion
durkie onions
fresh fruit
fresh veggies
meat
biscotti
cereal
2 cans whole tomatoes
parsley
chili powder
vanilla
cinnamon
cream cheese
bagels
italian dressing
rhubarb
strawberries
stir fry sauce
cocktail onions
chicken broth
pep. farm stuffing
stove top stuffing
celery
salted butter
creamed corn
plain bread crumbs
frozen cranberries
cran jello
walnuts
potatoes
sweet potatoes
pumpkin pie
whip cream
4 cans green beans

Liquor store...
beer
smirnoff ice
wine box
champagne
tequila
triple sec

Clothes...
Belt
jeans
flat black shoes
flat brown shoes
snowpants
wallet
bras
black socks

Target...
toaster
can opener with knife sharpener
cold/cough meds
light bulbs
erasers
muffin cups
lotion
hair clips
face wash
toilet paper
rolaids
face wipes
AV face wash
candles
rubbing alcohol
sandwich ziplocks
rechargable batteries
tide
fabric softener
black fabric soap
color bleach
oxiclean
lysol
comet
multicleaner
papertowels
long ice scraper
lunch box
watch battery
hairbrush
canning jars

Other...
zumies hat
new norah jones CD
wireless router
digital picture frame
wii fit plus
sand jars
12x18 frame
christmas gifts for various people

wow! that's one long list. Think I can fit it all in 5 fifty pound pieces of baggage? 250 pounds? Let's hope so. I've got two totes, one piece of luggage, and a duffle, plus I'll have one box and mom will have her suitcase. Insane!

Oh yeah...and I almost forgot the TURKEY!

6 comments:

Christine said...

I must know, how do you get 5 50 pound allowances? Who are you flying with? Or is that using Avery's as well?

My husband is in Anchorage right now and I had to double check with him that he was not willing to bring back strawberries in his carryon (I will - but he declined, LOL). So easy to walk into Costco and walk out $700+ lighter. We do every time.

We have an Anchorage list taped to the inside of one of our cabinets. When one of us goes, we pull it off and take it with us! Sometime I should post the story of my carry-on that I filled with 70 lbs of meat and cheese - because you know, they don't weigh those carryons. LOL! We weighed it when we got home and there it was. The security people were boggled... except for a guy who lived in Seldovia, he laughed when he opened the bag because he understood.

Have a good evening!

alisha said...

I get three checked and my mom gets three checked, but one of those will be her suitcase, so that leaves 5 that I can fill with STUFF! That's one of the reasons that I'm flying in to meet her.

Christine said...

ahhh. I love, love, LOVE it when people come to visit that live in towns with Costco, Wal-Mart, etc... I shamelessly have them shop for us :-) (the family, anyway...)

Tamara @ Watching the Grass Grow said...

Good luck! That'll be quite a feat if you can pull it off! Today I'm thankful for the amenities that I have close by. :-)

Anonymous said...

GOOD LORD, THAT'S A LONG LIST. I THOUGHT I HAD A LOT TO DO BY NEXT WEEK, BUT I THINK YOU GOT ME BEAT.
HOPE YOU GUYS HAVE A GOOD HOLIDAY.
TAKE CARE AND SEE YOU NEXT MONTH!
LIS

Anonymous said...

Your too BUSY! Hey, I get to leave a comment... Great wreastling tourament Avery! Hi, Mom How's Alaska? Just wanted to say Hi and leave you a comment. Love Crystal