"A mind once stretched by a new idea can never regain its original dimensions." ~Oliver Wendall Holmes

Current Weather Info

Current Sun and Moon Info

Thursday, March 18, 2010

Prayer request

We found out recently that my 26 year old sister, Adrian, has a large tumor on her kidney. On Monday, she will go in for surgery to have the tumor removed along with her kidney. The doctors say that the tumor is most likely cancer, but we wont know for sure until the tumor is biopsied. If praying is what you do, please pray for my sister and our family. If not, please keep us in your thoughts. Thanks.

9 comments:

Anonymous said...

So sorry to hear this. Praying for all of you and for the surgeons. Please keep us posted.

Edna

Christine said...

wow, i'm sorry to read this. Prayers for a successful surgery & recovery for your sister.

Tamara said...

You are definitely in my thoughts--please keep us updated.

Anonymous said...

Alisha,
where is she having this done? In Lima? Ft. Wayne? Will you be able to go home?
Please keep us updated on her condition.
I am a prayer and I will continue to pray for her.
Lis

alisha said...

Thanks to everyone for your prayers.

Lis,
Adrian will be in Lima at St. Rita's. I will not be flying home. I thought long and hard about it and decided not to because it really doesnt matter to Adrian either way if we are there. She doesnt have the ability to comprehend her circumstances. Also, the doctors have said that the surgery is relatively low risk and they have done it successfully many times over. I just dont feel like my (our) presence would make a bit of difference in a positive way...and may even impact things negatively because of the conflict between me and mom. I know I will regret it terribly if something bad happens, but I'm praying too and keeping faith in God's plan for Adrian.

Anonymous said...

I'm so sorry, Alisha. Your family is in my prayers.

Love,
Angie

Lisa said...

I will definitely be praying for her and your family. She is in God's hands and everything will be ok.

Anonymous said...

I am so sorry to hear about this. We will keep you in our thoughts. If theres anything I can do for you please let me know.

edije

MarĂ­a said...

Alisha,
I am sorry to hear this. It must be very stressful on you also. I am glad the surgery went well and I will pray for your sisters recovery.

take care,
Maria