"A mind once stretched by a new idea can never regain its original dimensions." ~Oliver Wendall Holmes

Current Weather Info

Current Sun and Moon Info

Monday, February 08, 2010

Word verification

The blog has been getting hit lately by alot of spam comments....advertisements, jibberish, and such. Apparently this is happening more and more to alot of people's blogs, so it's a wide spread problem. I have always gotten spam comments, but before it was maybe one or two every few weeks and I would just go in and find the comment and delete it. Now I'm getting more spam comments than real comments and it seems to be happening on a daily basis. To try to reduce this problem, I have enabled word verification on the comments section of my blog. This just means that after you write a comment, you will just have to type in some random series of letters so that the blog knows you are a real person, not just a spam generating computer. I hope this small step doesnt deter anyone from commenting.


IN OTHER NEWS...
I'm sick. On Saturday, I spent my whole day wrapped around the toilet vomiting violently. My whole body was sore on Sunday and I had lost almost 3 pounds (now I see why people turn bulimic) . On Sunday I felt better and was able to eat, but still wasnt back to normal. Then this morning I was back to vomiting again. So, I stayed home. And the time I'm not spending in the bathroom hugging the toilet, I spent in bed sleeping. I honestly dont thing I've ever slept so much (and that's saying something, cause I love to sleep). I tried to go to work this morning. I got up and dressed and tried to convince myself that I could do it and that I would be fine, but I was miserable. I have so much happening at school right now that I just didnt want to be absent. I felt terrible about not being there. I usually dont feel that way, but today I did.

We had our 2nd annual ThanksSuperBowl party on Sunday. Since all of us friends here usually are traveling around the holidays, we dont get a chance to do anything together. So on the day of the SuperBowl, everyone cooks a Thanksgiving type of dish and we all get together. My stomach was still pretty uncertain yesterday, so I did not get to enjoy the gorging to its fullest. However, seeing the Saints win made up for it! We had fun! And its has now become a yearly tradition.

Tax time is here. I am again doing taxes for a bunch of people. I havent started yet, but the idea of adding another thing to my insanely long list of things to do is daunting.

Avery is doing so awesome. These last couple of months he has really matured alot. Many of the ideas and concepts that I've been trying to teach him are finally coming together...taking responsibility for you actions, being nice to people if you want them to be nice to you, having an attitude just makes life that much harder. It has been fun to watch him grow and mature right in front of my eyes....and it makes all the struggles worth it.

Avery school pictures are in and I got a bunch of the Alaska bird calendars for people. I know it's late in the year for a calendar, but they were free and I've sent them out every year that I've been here. So I'll be sending out calendars and school pictures soon.

I know there are lots of other things going on, but this is all the energy can muster for blog writing today. I'm going to go back to the groove that I've carved out in the couch now.

7 comments:

María said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
María said...

Hi Alisha,
I am sorry to hear that you are not feeling well. I hope you are feeling better soon.

What a great idea for a Super Bowl party! Sounds like fun!
take care,
Maria

Tamara said...

Feel better soon! :-)

Tamara @ Watching the Grass Grow

Cindi said...

hope you're feeling better...the word verification might not work...you can change under the comment tab look at comment moderation: change it to always then you can view comments elect to post them or not...your in control

Anonymous said...

i hope you start feeling better soon!!

edije

Christine said...

hope you are feeling better quickly! everyone I know here in town seems to be having this very nasty bug. :(

Are you charging these other people for doing their taxes or just being a 'nice person'? People do that for a living... so long as you don't mind, but in this town it seems a skill like that can get taken advantage of.

The Caretaker said...

Interesting blog, great winter landscape shots and great opening photo, hope you feel better soon.
Regards,
Jeffrey Dallas Moore