"A mind once stretched by a new idea can never regain its original dimensions." ~Oliver Wendall Holmes

Current Weather Info

Current Sun and Moon Info

Monday, April 27, 2009

The King of Weird Diseases

For several days, Avery has had a rash on his chin. Then, Sunday evening he was running a fever and had a sore throat. The two are not related, BUT with two different illnesses going on, I decided to keep him home today and go to the doctor. The fever and sore throat turned out to be just a basic head cold, BUT the chin rash turned out to be impetigo. What? How does this kid manage to pick up these weird diseases? After some online research, I found out that this is a very common childhood rash.

The doctor said that it is very contagious and that all of the linens needs washed as well as the bathroom. So, I came home with Avery and got to work on some serious cleaning. After a few hours indoors on a warm, 43 degree, sunny day, we decided to go for a walk with Taboo. We were only about 4 houses away when Avery stepped on some soft snow and fell through all the way up to his knees, got stuck, and fell over in the mud. How does this kid manage to always get so muddy?

In other news...
the parts for my truck are in and they started working on it today, but it is not done yet. It should be ready to go tomorrow. Yay!

I got one lesson for my college class done today. Yay!

Less than 4 weeks of school left. OMG!

I got my storage unit for the summer all reserved and paid for. Yay!

I've got my supply list for next year done. Yay!

I've got a date set for my end of year field trip. Yay!

I have a couple options for a place to park my truck for summer. Yay!

Four weeks from tomorrow I'll be on a plane outta here for the summer! Yay!

1 comment:

Kale Iverson said...

I know you want to actually learn about the class, but if you end up having to slam it in at the end, I completely BS'ed my assignments in about 2 hours (all of them) and got full points for the course and am done, so you can do it if you want.