"A mind once stretched by a new idea can never regain its original dimensions." ~Oliver Wendall Holmes

Current Weather Info

Current Sun and Moon Info

Saturday, April 25, 2009

I just dont want to

In continuation of last nights post...

there are so many things that need to get done, but I just dont feel like it. It's a gloomy, rainy, cold day outside and the weather has creeped into my mood today. I just dont feel like doing anything. I just feel like curling up on the couch with some hot chocolate and a book. Or watching a movie. Or playing a board game with Avery. Or take a nap.

What I should do is work on that college class. I really need to get some of that done, but I just dont want to. I should go over to school and write my lesson plans for next week and get stuff around for class on Monday and fill out the form the supplies that I want to order for next year. That's what I should be doing, but I just dont want to.

What do you guys do to get motivated when you are feeling that way?

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

I just tell myself that I'll feel better if I don't waste any more time thinking of ways to get out of doing what I need to do....seems to work. Why waste anymore energy on accomplishing nothing? But then, I do reward myself after I do some of the things I put off....

Still you have been really busy so rest and then get on with that class........

Hugs,
Edna

Big Ass Kass said...

I take a brisk walk with some good fast-beat music on my mp3 player. It is amazing what a 45 minute walk will do to get the endorphins going and get some of that energy flowing. Of course, if it's muddy out where you are, maybe that's not the best idea!