"A mind once stretched by a new idea can never regain its original dimensions." ~Oliver Wendall Holmes

Current Weather Info

Current Sun and Moon Info

Thursday, April 02, 2009

All jacked up!

Today was a whirlwind day that FLEW by so fast. I woke up dead tired this morning and did not want to get out of bed. When I got to school, I had a group of kids waiting for me because today was the deadline for all missing assignments since we are taking a test on Monday. I usually dont drink coffee, but I was really draggin' this morning, so I went down to the copy room where the coffee drinking teachers brew a pot or two or three each morning, and I poured myself a cup. Boy, was that a mistake!

If you mix the fact that I rarely drink coffee with the fact that when I do drink it I usually make it very weak, then you get a person who is not used to drinking strong 'wake your ___ up in the morning' coffee. I drank about half my cup and felt like I had a buzz for the rest of the day! I was going a mile a minute all day and I actually got alot done, but I didnt like the way being all jacked up on all that coffee made me feel. Now I know why I dont drink coffee very often.
The days are getting really long now. We are up to 13 and a half hours of daylight, with 15 hours of visible light. It is light when I wake up in the morning now at about 7:15 and still light at around 10pm when Avery is going to bed. Today was a beautiful day. It was warm at about 17 above and sunny. The wind has started to blow this evening, so we'll see what tomorrow brings. We have gotten a few inches of fresh snow this last week and I'm thankful for it because the truck is still broke down which means I'm still riding the snowmachine everyday. I know it's only a matter of time before we get into some major meltdowns. In fact, it's supposed to be getting up into the 20's later this week. Let's hope it doesnt get any warmer than that at least until the truck gets fixed. The parts got ordered today, so that's at least something.

No comments: