"A mind once stretched by a new idea can never regain its original dimensions." ~Oliver Wendall Holmes

Current Weather Info

Current Sun and Moon Info

Friday, September 12, 2008

Meet Jebediah

Avery has been bugging me lately for a haircut. There arent really any places to go to get your haircut in town and I dont know much about cutting long hair. I can do a short boy cut like a buzz cut or a fade pretty well, but the long skater boy look? I'm clueless. So, I told him that I really didnt know what I was doing, but he insisted. When it was all said and done, it's about 2 inches shorter and totally looks like an Amish boy cut. Here's Jebediah reading his bible...I told him that I'm not a really good sewer, but I could try my hand at homemade shirts and trousers next if he wants. We got a good laugh out of it, but he seems to be really happy with his new haircut.
And, just for reference...here's the before look.And for an even bigger reference...here's the one year ago look. He sure has grown up so much. This time last year, he was still a boy. Now he's a full fledged teenager. Scary.
Things are still going good for him. He's had a couple detentions for chewing gum, but hopefully that's out of his system. He choose to play the saxophone in band, which is cool because that's what I played in JH. He choose flag football for his Friday club. His new bike tire and innertube is on the way. He was switched into Pre-Algebra and is handling that well. He does his homework and chores every night without me even asking. We are making plans to go to Fairbanks this year for his birthday. Hopefully, we'll see some Northern Lights!

He is still trying to raise money for wrestling through Push-up-a-thon. If you would like to support Avery and the BRHS wrestling team, please let me know.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

i have to say you did a fine job on mr. avery's hair!!!! i looks so much older than just last year. where does the time go!!!
GO BUCKS!!!!!

edije