"A mind once stretched by a new idea can never regain its original dimensions." ~Oliver Wendall Holmes

Current Weather Info

Current Sun and Moon Info

Sunday, September 07, 2008

Black Box

I skipped church this morning so I could watch some football. I'm such a bad churchgoer once football season starts, but only here in Alaska because the games start at 9am. I wanted to watch Brett Favre's first game as a Jet. So, you can imagine my frustration when I came out to watch the game and all that the TV would give me was this....
Big black box covering the TV. The TV in Avery's room was working fine, so it had to be something with the TV, not the cable. Chandra suggested that maybe it was something to do with an out of whack closed captioning box. I change the closed captioning option and it worked! So, I did get to see some of the Jets game, but only the ending. The Jets and Brett Favre won, which is great for them. I'm still really disappointed by the behavior of Brett Favre over this whole retirement stuff. And I really wish people would stop assuming that because I'm a GB Packers fan, that I am automatically a Jet fan now, because I'm not. I was wearing my Packers sweatshirt at the Saturday Market yesterday and this guy walks up to me and comments that the Jets were playing tomorrow and wasnt I excited to see it. My response was, "I'm a Packer fan, not a Jet fan". What's up with that?

So, the Packers play tomorrow for Monday night football, which starts at 3pm here. We dont even get out of school until 4pm and by the time I get home it's usually around 5pm. I'll be able to catch the second half if I'm lucky. Yay! Football season. I'm just happy to watch football at all. Right now Dallas and Cleveland are playing. I love the sound of football in the morning!

1 comment:

Charisse said...

Me, too!! There's just something great about the sound of football in the house again after going so long without it! Go Cowboys!