"A mind once stretched by a new idea can never regain its original dimensions." ~Oliver Wendall Holmes

Current Weather Info

Current Sun and Moon Info

Sunday, May 09, 2010

Waiting for Breakup

There are many open or mostly open sections of the river now, but breakup has still not happened in Bethel. Right now the closest place on the map that was any open water is Aniak, which is about 150 miles up river. That means breakup is still at least a few days out yet. I only have 1 last shot for my Ice Classic Tickets...May 15th at 6:00am. It could happen.

I am home from the Anchorage trip tonight and feel awful. Somehow I managed to pickup a head cold while I was in town. Tomorrow is the fieldtrip for my high school students that I take every year. For the last two years, the river has always been open for this trip, because we always spend a bit of time down by the river hangin' out in between our regularly scheduled fieldtrip activities. As of right now, I would like to stay home from school tomorrow because that's how awful I feel, but missing my fieldtrip is really not an option. So, I guess I'll be there. I hope I feel better in the morning. I've taken two doses of Nyquil and have been sleeping most of the evening.

Two weeks of school left. Crazy.

1 comment:

Tamara said...

Two weeks? Awesome...we have 21 days left. Not that I'm counting, haha.