"A mind once stretched by a new idea can never regain its original dimensions." ~Oliver Wendall Holmes

Current Weather Info

Current Sun and Moon Info

Friday, May 14, 2010

7 done, 23 to go

Number 24 on the birthday list, Find a New Favorite Drink, is done. A friend of mine made this drink for me many, many months ago. At that time, she and I were both trying to lose some weight. She was basically mixing vodka and lime juice in a low calorie version of the mojito. Later, I went on to find out that this drink is actually called a Vodka Gimlet. The Gimlet may or may not be named after the British Royal Navy surgeon Thomas Gimlet who introduced the drink to get his shipmates to consume lime to prevent scurvy onboard the ship. It is just vodka and fresh squeezed lime juice. I like this drink because it tastes great, is super easy to make, goes down smooth, and is very low calorie as far as drinks go. I havent had one for a long time...Maybe I'll fix myself one this weekend!

No comments: