"A mind once stretched by a new idea can never regain its original dimensions." ~Oliver Wendall Holmes

Current Weather Info

Current Sun and Moon Info

Wednesday, May 12, 2010

It only took about 24 hours

Avery came home on Monday night and told me that he had asked a girl to their 8th grade promotion dance. Of course, he wouldnt tell me who and was acting all shy and bashful about it. He said he didnt want me to tease him. On Monday, he was bound and determined NOT to tell me who it was. He even went as far as to erase all of his text messages so that I couldnt find out that way. Over the next few hours, I slipped in some questions here and there about what class she was in, who her friends were, and things like that.

Last night, I expressed my enthusiasm for him asking someone and attending the dance. We talked about what he would wear (I took his nice dress pants to the dry cleaner while I was in Anchorage). He mentioned that she is going to wear a blue dress and wanted to know if he could buy a new tie to match. Before he went to bed last night, he was spilling the info about who his "date" is. I knew he really wanted to tell me. It didnt take long. He was in a really great mood yesterday. I think he was pleased with himself for asking her and the fact that she said yes even though she had two other boys asking as well.

How can it be possible that he is growing up so fast? The dance is next week. I'll take pictures! :) Even though he'll act like he detests the idea of me taking pictures, deep down, he'll enjoy every minute of it.

1 comment:

Unknown said...

AWWWWWWWW Avery likes a giiiiiirrrrrrlllllll!