"A mind once stretched by a new idea can never regain its original dimensions." ~Oliver Wendall Holmes

Current Weather Info

Current Sun and Moon Info

Tuesday, January 26, 2010

Number 12

Number 12 on the birthday list is a hard one. The goal was to SIOP my lesson plans. Have I done that? hmmmm....yes and no. Yes, I have SIOPed my lesson plans, but at the same time I will be continually working toward and looking at new ways to incorporate SIOP into my teaching/lesson planning. I have learned alot about SIOP in the last year and have seen the results of using it in my classroom. My students test score are up and more students are passing and at higher percentages. It's been wonderful and I will keep it up through my entire career.

I have done alot with SIOP this year, so I am declaring it complete! But there is still so much more I want to do. A little at a time. Right now I'm taking a 2 credit book study class on the SIOP book called Making Content Comprehensible. Tomorrow is my book study groups first meeting and I've already double booked my self. I am also supposed to do tutoring tomorrow for a couple of JH kids. Oooops!

No comments: