"A mind once stretched by a new idea can never regain its original dimensions." ~Oliver Wendall Holmes

Current Weather Info

Current Sun and Moon Info

Saturday, June 27, 2009

An Up Evening

Since I took my best friends oldest two kids to see Transformers yesterday, it was only fair that I take Essiney and Falen, the youngest two, to the movies today.
We stopped for dinner at the MacDonald's Playplace so that they could burn off some energy before sitting in a movie theatre for two hours.
They met a couple other kids and played hard for about an hour. Aren't they cute?
Then we went to go see the movie UP in 3D. The 3D was awesome...it's amazing how far we've come with that type of technology since I was a kid. No more of those cheap, flimsy, paper glasses with red on one side and blue on the other. Here we are with our 3D glasses on after we got home.
It was so funny when we were standing in line for popcorn, I opened all of our glasses and gave them each their pair. Falen put his on first and Essiney looked at him funny for a few seconds. Then she looked at me and said, "They're kind of dorky, I think I'll wait until we get in the movie to put mine on."
The movie itself wasnt that great. The concept was good, but it moved too slowly for the younger kids and I could even see older kids getting bored with it easily. The storyline was way to mature for a kids movie, not in a bad way, just in the way that the storyline would be over most kids' heads.

Overall though, we had a great day. Again, I feel fortunate to have the opportunity to make these memories with the kids while they're still little.

No comments: