"A mind once stretched by a new idea can never regain its original dimensions." ~Oliver Wendall Holmes

Current Weather Info

Current Sun and Moon Info

Sunday, February 08, 2009

A year in the life of a clustermap

I dont know if any of you remember the day (apparently a year ago) when I first got my clustermap. We were all mesmerized by all of the little red dots and couldnt wait to see where the next dot would land. Currently, the Little Red Dots post still holds the record for the most comments. I very rarely look at my clustermap anymore now that I have my sitemeter though. I can look at way more data with the site meter, including how they got to my site and what exact city they are in.

So, I've had almost 4000 visitors in the last year. That's just over 10 each day on average. The map above shows my archived map with large dots. The map below shows the map with smaller dots that are more representative of the actual locations of the people.

Current Country Totals
From 7 Feb 2008 to 8 Feb 2009


United States (US)3,677
United Kingdom (GB)37
Canada (CA)34
Japan (JP)31
Australia (AU)24
New Zealand (NZ)16
Italy (IT)13
Germany (DE)11
Malaysia (MY)9
France (FR)8
Spain (ES)6
India (IN)5
Singapore (SG)5
Argentina (AR)5
Europe (EU)5
Indonesia (ID)5
Korea, Republic of (KR)5
Turkey (TR)4
Mexico (MX)4
Philippines (PH)4
Brazil (BR)4
Sweden (SE)4
Netherlands (NL)4
Thailand (TH)3
Russian Federation (RU)3
Croatia (HR)3
Hong Kong (HK)3
Peru (PE)3
South Africa (ZA)2
Slovakia (SK)2
Bulgaria (BG)2
Switzerland (CH)2
Denmark (DK)2
Egypt (EG)2
Romania (RO)2
Poland (PL)2
Vietnam (VN)2
Qatar (QA)2
China (CN)2
Belgium (BE)1
Finland (FI)1
Ukraine (UA)1
Czech Republic (CZ)1
Austria (AT)1
Latvia (LV)1
Norway (NO)1
Ireland (IE)1
Israel (IL)1
Venezuela (VE)1
Saint Vincent and the Grenadines (VC)1
Jamaica (JM)1
Puerto Rico (PR)1
Nigeria (NG)1
Sri Lanka (LK)1
Paraguay (PY)1
Colombia (CO)1
Brunei Darussalam (BN)1
Dominican Republic (DO)1
Saudi Arabia (SA)1
Tunisia (TN)1
Greece (GR)1
Portugal (PT)1
Lebanon (LB)1
Pakistan (PK)1
United Arab Emirates (AE)1
Algeria (DZ)1
Iran, Islamic Republic of (IR)1
Georgia (GE)1

Pretty interesting!

No comments: