"A mind once stretched by a new idea can never regain its original dimensions." ~Oliver Wendall Holmes

Current Weather Info

Current Sun and Moon Info

Sunday, November 11, 2007

My bathtub is special


Many bathtubs (and toilets, for that matter, but not mine) are up off the ground. My tub is no exception. It is about a foot or so off the ground. It makes it a bit hazardous to get into and out of, so we use that handy step stool that you see in the picture. The purpose for having the tubs/toilets of the ground is to give the pipes a place to run so they won't freeze. It addition to being off the ground, my tub also has a heater. I have not seen other people have heaters on their tubs, but, then again, I don't go around inspecting peoples tubs either. In the picture you can see that there is a vent under the tub. There is also a second switch next to the light switch. At first, we didnt think that the switch had a purpose because we could not tell that it did anything. Then one day, we heard a faint fan noise in the bathroom. It was coming from that vent, so we figured that the switch must control an exhaust fan that is under the tub rather than in the ceiling like most. Then one day I noticed that the porcelain of the tub was quite warm. The switch was on (picture light bulb going on above my head). AWESOME...we have a bathtub heater. My maintenance man told me to turn in on when we get to about 0 degrees. So, I have to plug in my car at -20 and turn on my bathtub at 0. Think I'll remember that? So, not only does it keep the pipes warm, but it keeps my bath water warm as well. Aren't you jealous?

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

Love the tub picture....funny the things we are learning! At least you will have nice warm baths....all the comforts of a spa.

I rejoin the workforce tomorrow. How scary is that?

alisha said...

Edna,

How long has it been since you've been in the workforce last? I wish you the best of luck. I'm sure that you will be successful and that everyone will welcome you with open arms. You think you still might like to come visit Bethel? I think it's a whole other world over here in the SW corner. Feel free to come out anytime. I'd love to have a visitor. I know it will take some time to get yourself settled into your new life, but whenever you're ready, you've got to come see Bethel! Take care, gool luck tomorrow!

Anonymous said...

I last worked July 26th but it seems like I hardly had any time for me.....such is my life. Today was a good day and I feel comfortable in this new agency.

I would love to see Bethel but think it will need to be summer for me to travel there. My youngest son is coming in for Thanksgiving and then my daughter will come up this summer. I won't have any vacation for 6 months but that's OK. I enjoy the work (counseling) and have been off work enough ...lol.