"A mind once stretched by a new idea can never regain its original dimensions." ~Oliver Wendall Holmes

Current Weather Info

Current Sun and Moon Info

Wednesday, November 21, 2007

Happy Thanksgiving!

Avery and I are on our way to Anchorage today so I won't be blogging again for awhile. We have a four day weekend for the Thanksgiving holiday. We are going to Anchorage to celebrate the holiday and Avery's birthday. Avery turns 12 on the 30th. I am so excited to go to Anchorage and just to get out of Bethel for a couple of days. Dont get me wrong, I really like it here in Bethel, but once you are here, you're stuck. There are no roads leading into or out of Bethel, so it's not like you can just hope in your car and go. Avery and I are used to being able to come and go as we please. This will be the first Anchorage trip for Avery. We have plans to go to the dinner theatre, eat Thanksgiving dinner at some fancy hotel, go skiing, do some shopping, get haircuts, go to some museums and maybe to a glacier. He's really excited too. He especially wants to go skiing. We found out last winter that we really like skiing. I hope that everyone else has a great Thanksgiving.

What I am thankful for...
  • The opportunity to live in such an amazing place
  • The friendliness of the people here
  • Great friends...I miss you all!
  • Avery is doing so well and has grown into a great person
  • My profession/teaching...I cant think of anything I'd rather be doing
  • Being healthy...i feel good lately and avery is healthy as a horse
  • Indoor plumbing and electricity
  • Having great students...the kids here are just awesome
  • Taboo...he's been there through it all
  • Being financially stable
  • Laughter and Smiles
  • Hugs and kisses
  • Comfortable pj's
  • The internet...I'd go crazy without it
  • Having a good education...thanks BGSU
  • Aha! moments
  • Having courage enough to pursue my dreams
  • All of my experiences...they make me who I am
  • Good books...there's not much else to do here
  • Wrestling...It's such a great sport, I'm so glad that Avery loves it and is good at it
  • Working under a great administration again...the administrators here are so supportive
  • Good food...I can't wait to have a Thanksgiving feast, but I will miss cooking it at home
  • Driving/my truck/transportation...the freedom to go where you want, when you want
  • Everyone who reads and comments on the blog...you keep me connected to the world
Happy Thanksgiving! I love you and miss you!

Take this time during the Thanksgiving break to complete the challenge that I presented to all of you in the blog post titled, "Oh...precious water". I cant wait to hear your responses.

5 comments:

Anonymous said...

Have a wonderful trip....

Anonymous said...

...and I'm thankful for friends like you! Thanks for the b-day card, Alisha. How you manage to have it arrive ON my b-day is pretty awesome. Have a wonderful time in Anchorage. I check your blog almost every day - it's so neat to keep track of what you're up to.
~Laura

Kale Iverson said...

I can say that I am mediocre at many things, ukulele, skateboarding, poetry, and so forth, but there is only one thing that I can say that I truly rock at and that is skiing and teaching others how to do it better. Next time you want to take a ski adventure please consider a personal traveling companion as your very own Professionally Certified Ski Instructor of America Level 1, ME! The lessons will be free of course (how much do smiles cost?) and I will guarantee you will be, how the kids say these days, "SHREDDING THE GNAR" by the end of the day. I hope your trip was wicked fun and I will be in Bethel on Tuesday of next week through Saturday for District Writing grading. We gonna kick it or what?

alisha said...

Yes, Kale, we'll kick it! I assume that you have a place to stay when you are in town. If you ever need a place to stay, dont hesitate to ask. You should come over for dinner at least one night during the week and then maybe on the weekend we can get some people together for something more fun. The district robotics tourny ends on tuesday the 4th and we're pretty much planning to practice everyday until then. I'll be ready to have a few by the time you get here. We ended up not being able to go skiing. The ski resort was closed because it was still so warm and it rained the whole time we were in Anchorage. It was kinda a bummer. Next time, I will think of you. Have you taken a trip into Anchorage yet?

Anonymous said...

So how was the trip??????

Tell, blog.....give us a clue...