"A mind once stretched by a new idea can never regain its original dimensions." ~Oliver Wendall Holmes

Current Weather Info

Current Sun and Moon Info

Friday, November 16, 2007

Close sky

The sky always seems so close. Like you could reach right up and grab a cloud. Or maybe if the incline of the road would just continue a bit longer, you could drive right up to it. It is pretty amazing, but can also feel a bit smothering at times too. I think it must have something to do with our latitude, but I'm not sure. Here are a few pics for awhile back that show the sun going down on the fall sky.






Back when it was still fall, sometime near the beginning of the school year, we had about two weeks when we saw rainbows in the sky on a daily basis. The pictures definitely dont do the rainbow justice. This was the most amazing rainbow I've ever seen. It was a complete arch the stretched in a perfect half circle across the sky starting on the eastern horizon and ending on the southern horizon. Combine that rainbow with the magnificent colors exploding in the west and north from the sunset, it sure did make a spectacular sky!

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Alisha, I've been meaning to comment on you blog for about oh... 4 months now! My only pathetic excuse it that I have been crazy busy. I do get the chance to read it ocasionally, and I find it very interesting. What a different world you live in now! It seems like you and Avery are both adjusting well, and I'm happy for both of you. The pictures of the sky are beautiful. Take care - and I'll try to work on commenting more than once every 6 months!

alisha said...

Kelly,

It's great to hear from you! I'm sure you have been busy after getting married this summer and getting into a new house and everything...not to mention, I heard you've been helping with the interact club. I KNOW how busy that can keep a person! :) How is all of that going anyway? The new hubby? The new house? Helping with Interact? I heard that a couple people went to the wedding and that it was very nice. I'd love to see some pics if you could send them to me through email. I also hear that the interact club is going well this year. I know it can be a tremendous burden to take on, but I was always so rewarding. How are things in general at Vantage? I love my new school, but I also miss Vantage so much.

Well, again, great to hear from you! Keep the comments coming. Sometimes this blog and my email is the only connection that i feel with the rest of the world!