"A mind once stretched by a new idea can never regain its original dimensions." ~Oliver Wendall Holmes

Current Weather Info

Current Sun and Moon Info

Monday, September 24, 2007

Too funny


This is a post from my friend's blog. It was too funny...I just had to share it with you.


You Weren't There, So We Just Left It In Your Truck

Last week I ordered a couple things, and some of them were due in the mail Friday. Friday came and went- nothing. On Saturday I went to the UPS store and was told that they had nothing for me. I went over to Alisha's and checked my stuff's progress on the online tracking thing. According to that, not only had my stuff reached Bethel, but it had been delivered. I called the UPS store, where the lady said that maybe all my stuff was still in the delivery van, and that she'd call the driver and have him call me. He called me about 5 minutes later. The conversation went something like this:
Him: You live in city sub, right?
Me: Yeah
Him: Yeah, you weren't there, so we just left it in your truck.
Me: I don't have a truck.
Him: Oh, maybe I don't remember then. Let me call you back.
I never heard from him again. Was I ticked. It turns out he had left my stuff in my landlord's truck, but who does that? Seriously.
Well, after I made that call I decided to go back home, so Alisha drove me back. But on the way we saw these little kids playing in a drainage ditch. They were sitting on a piece of Styrofoam, oaring it around, as if it were a boat. It was pretty comical.

No comments: