"A mind once stretched by a new idea can never regain its original dimensions." ~Oliver Wendall Holmes

Current Weather Info

Current Sun and Moon Info

Wednesday, September 26, 2007

Cabelas girl, Bomber man, and BooBoo boots

We got all of our winter gear from Cabelas in today. I got Avery a coat, snow bibs, a facemask, and a fox lined bomber hat. For me ...a knit hat, fox fur lined gloves, snow bibs and boots. I think we are now officially ready for winter. I just heard the word snow in the weather forcast for the first time this morning. We have had 5 record setting days for rain this month. It has basically rained nonstop for the entire month of September. The average temp for this week was 53 degrees. This morning on my way to school it was 44, but it's really strange because it doesnt really seem cold, just chilly. My friend got a Cabelas card, so we ordered using her card so that she can earn Cabelas points. Here are the three of us with all of our new winter gear on. Much sweating was done to bring you this picture!!!
I already have a coat that I think is heavy enough to get me through the winter and we already had picked up some boots for Avery at a garage sale this summer when we first got here. My boots are so bulky that I feel like I have on moon shoes...they are rated to -60 degrees. That should keep my toes warm. There is a little pocket in the boot liner that you can stick in a hot pack!
Couldn't forget Taboo...I ordered him some dog boots so that he can keep the snow and ice out of his fragile little paws when he has to go outside. He was so funny when I put them on...he pranced around the house lifting his feet way up in the air with every step...he didnt know what was going on. It is already cold here at night...I hooked Taboo up with a heating pad between the layers of the blanket that he sleeps on to keep him warm. I'm hoping his arthritis won't act up too much if I try to make sure and keep him warm. Although, I'm betting he'll learn to be a fast peeer.

3 comments:

Aunt Julie said...

Hey Alisha,

Seeing those pictures brought a smile to my face (well to be honest I laughed out loud). You guys will be ready for winter! I have a fox fur lined hood from cabelas that I bought years ago--It really does keep the wind and cold from the face.

I can't help but think about you and Chand this weekend in Anchorage, hope you're having a good time.

Later, Julie

Anonymous said...

Hi Alisha,

I enjoy reading your blog! I see pictures and readings that I don't see in Chandra's. You must be a good person, you're a friend of my daughter.

I hope this weekend helps the two of you to stay in focus. I can't even imagine.....VERY COURAGEOUS WOMEN!!! Just proud to be part of the journey.

Take Care,

Kathy

Chandra's dog Holli, was quite jealous of Taboo's boots!

alisha said...

Thanks for the comments...Chandra and I did have a good time in Anchorage, but it was just too short. We're already looking forward to Thanksgiving weekend. That will feel more like a vacation and we will be able to do some tourist type activities. Take care!