"A mind once stretched by a new idea can never regain its original dimensions." ~Oliver Wendall Holmes

Current Weather Info

Current Sun and Moon Info

Sunday, September 02, 2007

Beautiful Bethel


There are many things about Bethel that are very beautiful. This picture is a good example. This is a picture of fireweed along the river. You can get a glimpe of how beautiful the river is and how big! When we first arrived, the fireweed was in full bloom, like in this pic. Nowadays, the blooms are gone and are replaced with white feathery seeds that are carried by the wind. These last few days feel like fall. The air is cool and crisp. It smells clean and fresh. Inhaling it is invigorating. I took my students outside for a short five minute break during last weeks classes and had them take deep breaths. "In through your nose and out through your mouth." I did it with them...as I exhaled, I felt a sense of calm wash over me. This is a good place to be. I'm glad I made this journey, I'm glad Bethel chose me!

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

I'm happy for you too Alisha. The students are lucky to have you too. To know you are in the right place at the right time brings such a peace. Congratulations on making the right choice.
EdnaWinona

alisha said...

Edna-

I hope you can feel the same type of peace wherever in this great state you may find yourself. I think Ketchikan will be a beautiful place to be. It surprises me to hear that Bethel drug their feet with hiring you at YKHC. From what I hear, they desparately need good employees. But life has a way of working itself out like that. I am very interested in trying to do some sort of "house swap" so we can try each others perspective cities. Good luck to you and I'll be checking your blog, too!