"A mind once stretched by a new idea can never regain its original dimensions." ~Oliver Wendall Holmes

Current Weather Info

Current Sun and Moon Info

Saturday, October 03, 2009

Saturday morning

My Saturday mornings are shaping up to have a pretty consistent routine these days. And I'm really enjoying it! I've been making Saturday (esp. Sat. morning) all about me time. The best part of the morning is getting up naturally and not having to wake up to the most horrid sound in the world...the alarm clock. Saturday morning is the one and only day that I can wake up without it...that alone gets my morning off to a great start. Usually I wake up awhile before Avery, which gives me some quiet time to myself. I usually start the morning by opening all the blinds and letting some natural light in while I do yoga. I have really come to enjoy doing yoga on saturday mornings. It really makes me feel great for the rest of the day...peaceful and relaxed. Looking out the window this morning is a picture of fall. The leaves are all yellow and falling to the ground in surrender to the chill in the air. It's dreary and rainy today too, but in a very calming, relaxing, 'today is going to be a lazy day' way. After yoga, I usually brew up some coffee and sit lazily with whatever book I'm reading. Today I spent some time reading my new 1 year bible and I really enjoyed it. Then I usually do some blogging and have breakfast once Avery wakes up. There's usually some laundry thrown in there somewhere as well. Then I get around for the day and take a hot, leisurely shower (i'd take a bath, but we dont have a tub in our apt this year). Next comes the Saturday morning/early afternoon mail run. Avery and I go check the mail and do whatever other errands need doing. The rest of my day is usually just as laid back, regardless of what I'm up to. Then I have Tango class in the evening, which is where I must head off to now. I hope all of you have had a pleasant Saturday morning.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

that sounds so nice. I cant wait until i can get to that point in my life!!I have a while!! I will try to call you later

Edije