"A mind once stretched by a new idea can never regain its original dimensions." ~Oliver Wendall Holmes

Current Weather Info

Current Sun and Moon Info

Thursday, October 01, 2009

I got skipped!

Remember I was saying how awful I felt on Monday and that I was really hoping that I wasnt going to end up with the flu since sooooooooo many people have it? Well, I didnt. I admit that I didnt feel well most of the week, but today I felt fine...great, even. But Avery, on the other hand, has been infected by the H1N1 virus. :) He came to me after school on Wednesday and said he really wasnt feeling well and just wanted to go home rather than going to wrestling practice. I immediately knew he was sick if he wanted to miss wrestling. When we got home, his temp was about 101 degrees. His temp gradually rose over the course of the evening even though I was dosing him with Tylenol. It topped out at 103 this afternoon and I started flipflopping him on doses of Tylenol and Ibuprofen just to keep his temp down around 101. We finally went to the doctor and they did the nasal swab to confirm the flu. And those were his words...you have the flu. NOT you have the swine flu...NOT you have the H1N1 flu...just you have the flu. Thank you!

So...we took a trip to the grocery for some chicken noodle soup. Avery has been veggin' out in bed or on the couch all day. His symptoms arent really that bad. I little congestion and the fever, but that's about it. He has been begging me to let him go to school (he hates messing up his perfect attendance and not being able to go to wrestling practice), but doctor says no way. Have to wait until 24 hours after the fever breaks. They gave him an antiviral and told him that he should be good for Monday. By then, I'll probably have it. Booooooo!

No comments: