"A mind once stretched by a new idea can never regain its original dimensions." ~Oliver Wendall Holmes

Current Weather Info

Current Sun and Moon Info

Sunday, October 25, 2009

A moving weekend

I woke up Saturday morning to the sound of the toilet gurgling and the water pump running. At some point in the middle of the night, someone had gone to the bathroom and the little handle had gotten stuck up. The toilet ran all night and completely drained our 500 gallon water tank. So, in a last act of crappy-apartment-dom, we were stuck in that awful place with ABSOLUTELY NO WATER.

I figured that was as good a time as any to move, considering it was Saturday and there was no way to get water, not to mention that I had already had my last delivery on Wednesday and had taken my name off the water bill. So, I went to see my new landlord and got the keys for the new place. Avery and I busted butt and got almost all of our stuff moved to the new place within 5 hours on Saturday. We moved pretty much everything except the kitchen. Then I had to go to dance class, a community concert, and a birthday party.

This morning, we slept in a little bit (9am for me, about 10:30 for Avery), skipped church, then went and moved the rest of our stuff. It took a few more loads to get the rest of the furniture from the living room and all of the kitchen. As of right now, we have everything moved and almost everything put away at the new place. All that's really left to do is to go back over to the old, crappy place and clean it so we can get our deposit back.

Needless to say...we had a BUSY weekend, but at least it is done. And we like the new place soooooooo much better. It is literally double the size of our other crappy place. It is two story, with the bedrooms and bathroom upstairs and the living and kitchen downstairs. I'll take some pictures and write up a post about the new place soon.

Right now I'm at school because I havent written my lesson plans for next week and my formal observation is on Tuesday...YIKES! Gotta go get to work....

Oh...and by the way...don't let that picture above fool you, we have a full 4 inches or so of snow on the ground now. I took that picture a couple weeks ago.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

thats so cool...i hope you guys love your new place. It will be nice to have seperate places to go to when needed. i will try to call you later this week. we miss you a ton!!

edije