"A mind once stretched by a new idea can never regain its original dimensions." ~Oliver Wendall Holmes

Current Weather Info

Current Sun and Moon Info

Friday, August 21, 2009

100 letters

Avery and I played a really great game of Scrabble the other night on his request. It always amazes me how diverse an assortment of words can come from those 100 letters. Out of all the board games in the closet (we have many), the game that he/we most frequently play is Scrabble. Even when Avery has friends over to spend the night, they usually will play a game of Scrabble. How cool is that? I think it is so cool that a 13 year old boy likes Scrabble so much.

I have a love of words. I have for a long time. I think words are cool. In fact, when we recently received our new teacher laptops that the district provided, I made my screen saver words of the day. It's AWESOME! Ever since I started playing Scrabble, I have loved it. And now I have passed on that love to Avery and that makes me happy. And proud!

Take a look at the words that we ended up with the other night. Most of them you probably know, but here are a few that you may not...
fagot:
a bundle of sticks or twigs bound together as fuel.
squib:
1 a small firework that burns with a hissing sound before exploding.
• a short piece of satirical writing.
• a short news item or filler in a newspaper.
2 a small, slight, or weak person, esp. a child.
3 Football a short kick on a kickoff.
• Baseball (also squibber) a blooper or infield grounder that becomes a base hit.
goober:
a peanut

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

thats so cool...thats great for him for his future. If theres any games that you guys want let me know and i can look for them when i am at the store.

edije