"A mind once stretched by a new idea can never regain its original dimensions." ~Oliver Wendall Holmes

Current Weather Info

Current Sun and Moon Info

Thursday, May 21, 2009

Random stuff

I had a sleepover at the school on Saturday night for some of my JH kids. We had a blast. We played board games, watched movies, went up on the roof, had ice cream and popcorn. And at 3 o'clock in the morning, the kids went into the hallway and played twister. They were laughing and hooting and hollering so much, it was fun just to listen to them.
We finally made it to bed and then woke up in the morning and cooked pancakes. Its really nice to be able to interact with the kids in a different way besides the classroom interaction.
Last night, the Boy Scouts had a BBQ and award ceremony. Avery received recognition for completion of his environmental science badge. Here he is pinning the parent pin on me. The lady who was taking the picture told us to look surprised...that's why I have that look on my face.
Most of my house is packed. We took two loads over to the storage unit last night. It is such a relief to have some of that done. There really still is alot to do yet, but it sure is winding up fast. Tonight is the 8th grade promotion dance (JH formal). I'll be sure to take pics of Avery in his slick dress up outfit.
My classroom is completely clean. I even had the kids scrub the walls today. Everything is put away. All the binders cleared out and the books collected. I still have two kids who need to take their final exam, but other than that my grades are finished. Tomorrow is the last day of school which is basically locker clean out, awards ceremony, assembly, picnic, and game time all day. Tomorrow night there's a party for the retiring teachers. Then I've got all day saturday and sunday to move and pack. Monday will be a down day hopefully and then we leave Tues morning. YAY! 4 more days.

No comments: