"A mind once stretched by a new idea can never regain its original dimensions." ~Oliver Wendall Holmes

Current Weather Info

Current Sun and Moon Info

Wednesday, May 06, 2009

Quick update

I am leaving tomorrow afternoon for a couple days in Anchorage to chaperone the music kids who made it to state for their solos and ensembles. It is really exciting to be going. It will be fun to go with the music kids for two year now and interact with the students outside of the school environment. I will be gone for a couple days and dont know how much of a chance I'll get to check email and write blogs and stuff. One of the other Bethel teachers is staying with Avery while I'm gone, which is nice. It's good for Avery to have a responsible guy to hang out with sometimes.

I've been sick for a few days now. Thoroughly miserable really. I havent been able to take a sick day to get any rest since I'm already missing thursday and friday for this anchorage trip and then I'll be out on Monday too because I'm taking some of my high school kids on a field trip. I considered not going on the Anchorage trip, but I am feeling a bit better today and I already have all my lesson plans and everything ready to go for the sub. So that's that, I guess. I'm all packed and ready. Hopefully I wont be miserable in the morning. My students have been really great these last few days. It's amazing how nice they can be when they know that I'm not feeling well.

Only one more real week of school left, then finals week. We'll be on a plane outta here in 20 days. Things are coming together pretty nicely for the summer. I still have a few loose ends to wrap up, but for the most part, the summer looks to be a great one! I have my lesson plans written for the rest of the school year for my Biology class and am working on finishing my physical science lesson plans so that I can be done with that for the year.

I have only one more assignment to do for my college class and then I'm done with that.

The control tower at the Bethel airport called yesterday to say that we couldnt take a tour as part of our field trip on Monday as a precautionary measure in avoiding the swine flu. I understand the concept behind it, but the swine flu isnt even in Alaska, let alone Bethel. Well, we'll have to find something else to do during that 45 minutes. Maybe we'll just take a walk along the sea wall. Hopefully it will be a nice day! It sure was last year.

I'm currently working on/making progress toward numbers 4,7,9,12,16,22 and 28 on my birthday list. I'll keep you posted on when I've completed any of them.

I do have something very specific that I would like to write about, but it is a hugely debated topic and one that is very important to me personally. Therefore, I would like to be able to devote the time and energy necessary to write a well thought out post about it. The topic? Evolution. More on that later...

Well, I think that's all for now.

1 comment:

Christine said...

1. Hope you're feeling better & enjoying time in ANC.

2. I have to laugh about the swine flu thing - were they afraid the kids were carrying it and would transmit it to the workers?

My kindergartener DID go on a tour of air traffic control just yesterday... I am sure kindergarteners are carriers of more microbes than high schoolers.