"A mind once stretched by a new idea can never regain its original dimensions." ~Oliver Wendall Holmes

Current Weather Info

Current Sun and Moon Info

Wednesday, October 29, 2008

Random acts of photograpy and nothing special

Cant sleep, thought I'd blog...

This is what happens at my house when you run to the store and leave your camera out. They are pretty cute. The hair hadnt been cut yet. I tell you what, after his hair being that long for that long, it has been a bit hard getting used to the new old look. He is so handsome with his hair cut and trimmed up nice, but I've caught myself doing double takes because he just looks...SO DIFFERENT. Doesnt Taboo look like he's having fun?

There's really nothing special happening these days. On going back and glancing through my recent blog posts, it seems that they are mostly about Avery and the weather. I hope to get back to some more of the interesting Alaska posts soon. I have a few topics in mind, but just havent had the time to follow through with them. And, of course, Edna, I still havent forgot about the questions you asked awhile back and plan to address those soon.

Life has just been pretty basic lately and I have not had much interesting stuff to inspire me. And though it's been basic, make no assumption that that means boring, because it doesnt! Actually things have been extremely busy lately. The haunted house and robotics have been keeping me super busy along with just some basic classroom planning type stuff and day to day life. The haunted house will be this Friday and I will be doing a write up of how it all goes down. I am expecting it to be quite scary. The kids have big plans. Last year's haunted house has been touted as being one of the best/scariest in recent years and I fully expect this year's to be just as good, if not better. The robotics team, Warrior Avalanche, has decided to do a movie for their project this year, and while they have a really great plan/idea, it is going to take a TON of work. They want to do a Bill Nye spoof. It should be quite good. Once the haunted house is over on Friday, then I'll have time to focus on the robotics stuff.

I have not been feeling well for a really long time. I was sick back at the beginning of the month and dont really think that I got all the way better from that. These last two weeks, I have just been feeling pretty miserable. I had every intention of taking a sick day today, but couldnt bring myself to do it because there is just way too much to do and it is just easier to be there. Next week, we have parent teacher conferences on Wed/Thurs night and then a day off on Friday, which I will be spending at school with my robotics team. So, next week will be equally as hectic. Then, the following week, I will be leaving for Texas for a week and will have to come up with a whole week of substitute lesson plans for that. Arrrrrrggggggg! I could go on...and then, and then, and then, but it will just be more of the same. Such is life!

The 7th graders this year are going to drive me insane! Their lockers are in the hallway where my classroom is and they are wild out there. I think I gave out about 9 detentions today to kids who were pushing each other into lockers, tackling each other onto the floor, and getting into fights. As I was walking through the hall at one point I had said, "I'm just going to give the whole 7th grade class detention." This one kid who has a reputation as a trouble makers looks at me and says, "Even me?" And I responded, "Especially you...in fact, you may just get two." and then we smiled and it was funny. Then as I continued walking, I passed Avery who had been running in the hallway earlier, and I said, "And you too." I said this mostly because just the day before, he was asking if I would get him in trouble just like the other kids if he did something bad and I told him I would. So, when I got home today, Avery started saying that he was the only one who showed up for detention today. :) Apparently only my kin was unaware that I was just frustrated with them and joking around!

This week was spirit week at school...
Monday-pajama day
Tuesday- breast cancer awareness day=wear pink
Wednesday-class color day=each class wear a different color
Thursday-jersey day
Friday-Halloween=wear your costume

My costume is a Indian girl (think pocahontas) and Avery is going to be a parasitic twin. His costume is very cool. I will, of course, post pics once I have some. I love Halloween! It is my favorite holiday by far!

Dont forget to fall back this weekend on Saturday night. Turn your clock back an hour for the end of daylight savings time. After that it will be dark when we leave in the morning and dark when we get home. I hung a strand of lights in my room today for when it starts to be dark all the time. That way if I want to turn the light off for something, like a powerpoint or video, it wont be pitch black in there.

Well, I think that's all for now... I'm going to watch Nightmare on Elm street to do some research for the haunted house. I will try to get some papers graded while I watch.

No comments: