"A mind once stretched by a new idea can never regain its original dimensions." ~Oliver Wendall Holmes

Current Weather Info

Current Sun and Moon Info

Monday, June 30, 2008

A day at the Zoo! and Cedar Point, too!

We had a fun filled weekend, which was great because it's my last weekend here in Sandusky with my good friends. I cant believe it's been two weeks that I've been here already. I had a great time with the kids and with their parents :) I'm kind of sad to go, but I'm headed to Chicago tomorrow to visit another friend, go to the Taste of Chicago festival, some clubbin', and a Cirque du Soleil show. I'm looking forward to my next adventure, but first here's some of what my last weekend in Sandusky was like.

On Saturday, we drove over to Cleveland and went to the zoo. One of Alyssa's little friends, the neighbor girl, came with us. Here are the kids taking a camel ride.And the parents of the kids acting like kids!
Up close with the tigers.
The best part of the day came right before the close of the zoo when we were looking at the monkeys. There were these monkeys called Wolf's Guenon. They were running around playing and jumping on the glass right in front of the kids. The kids were just howling with laughter, they thought it was the funniest thing ever. I got it on video and it's really cute, but I cant get the video to load on the blog right now because the internet connection is too slow.
Here is Alyssa and her friend acting scared at the passing shark over head.
And all of us together. The photo was taken by Alyssa's friend, so you'll have to excuse the amount of feet in the pic.
We had a really fun day at the zoo and I've been wanting to go to the zoo anyway, so it worked out great. On Sunday, Kevin and I went to CEDAR POINT! It's been many years since the last time I went to the greatest amusement park EVER. I think the last time I was there was in 2004 during Halloweekends. Here I am in the morning before we left....I was so pumped!
Here are a couple shots before we went in the park. I didnt want to carry my camera all day, so I left it in the car. We were there before the gates opened and had to wait to get in, while people with an early entry pass walked on by. When the gates finally opened at 10am, we booked it to the Top Thrill Dragster. The wait was really short...only 10 minutes. Last time I rode it, the wait was about 2 hours. The Dragster is amazing. It goes from 0 to 120mph in 3 seconds, then travels 420ft in the air. The ride only lasts 17 seconds, but, MAN, what a rush.
After the Dragster, we went over to the new ride...The Maverick. We waited about 30minutes in line before we got on the ride, then we got stuck...yep...got stuck. We were sitting in front of the first hill, just waiting to go up, and waiting, and waiting. Finally, an employee came and told us that the ride was down. We watched as 3 different maintenance men pulled up in trucks and put on harnesses. We waited about 20 minutes before getting the all clear to ride. The Maverick was a good ride with lots of rolls, which I like.

Then, we rode the Millennium Force, the best coaster in the park, and the stand up coaster, the Mantis before having lunch at a restaurant where Kevin's buddy worked. We rode the feet dangling Raptor next. It rained off and on all morning and afternoon, so after riding the Raptor we got stuck sitting under an awning for about 20 minutes while we waited for a downpour to subside. Then we rode the Wicked Twister twice and the Max Air, which I didnt really like much. It made me kind of woozy. We waited in line for the Disaster Transport, but it started raining again and they closed it. Edije brought the kids out and we hung out with them for a few hours playing in the arcade and riding the kiddie rides. We even got Edije to ride a couple roller coasters, which is rare cause she's scared of heights. After Edije left with the kids, Kevin and I rode the Power Tower twice before finishing off the day on the Millennium Force.

It was a spectacular day. If you've never been to Cedar Point, you should go. America's Roller Coast...

Ride on Ride Warriors!

No comments: