"A mind once stretched by a new idea can never regain its original dimensions." ~Oliver Wendall Holmes

Current Weather Info

Current Sun and Moon Info

Wednesday, June 18, 2008

More summer fun!

Things have been great and I'm having a ton of fun! I am enjoying myself completely. No schedule. No place to be. No timeframes. No expectations. I LOVE IT! One thing that I have consistently found myself enjoying is just the sheer FREEDOM of the open road. Everytime I get in the car, roll down the windows, crank up the radio, and cruise down the road/highway, I just get this amazing rush. It's a sense of freedom that I've been missing while in Alaska and it makes realize that i cant live in a place where i dont have that freedom. Out of EVERYTHING...that is what i missed most. I NEED to be able to hop in the car and GO....where ever I want, whenever I want.

I went to a Fort Wayne Wizards game on thursday. It was a really good time. It was a perfect evening. Temps in the low 70's, sun shining, and a little breeze. I completely enjoyed just sitting there watching, wearing a tank top, shorts, and sandals. I felt like the whole world was lighter, brighter. What a great feeling! The Wizards won!For the next couple of weeks, I'm visiting my friends in the Sandusky area (near Cedar Point...the greatest amusement park EVER). They came out to my house to pick me up on Saturday and we had a cook out and bon fire at my place. On Sunday, we drove to their house and had a Father's Day cookout with his family. I felt blessed to be spending father's day with one of the best fathers that I know. Kevin really does an amazing job raising his two munchkins. And the kids are so cute. I've been spending the days with them while Kevin and Edije are working. I took the kids to the beach on Monday and we had a BLAST. I am finally getting some serious sun and I dont look like a walking zombie anymore.
Oh, it was so good to be in the sunshine on a beach on Lake Erie. I'm lovin' it. The kids and I have been doing some cool stuff and we've got lots of fun plans in the works. I'll keep you posted!

No comments: