"A mind once stretched by a new idea can never regain its original dimensions." ~Oliver Wendall Holmes

Current Weather Info

Current Sun and Moon Info

Wednesday, June 25, 2008

Merry-Go-Round

Yesterday, I took the kids to the Merry Go Round Museum in Sandusky, Ohio. It was a quaint little museum with a fully restored, working, antique carousel. We had a good time riding the carousel and listening to the music box play. Here are the kids riding the carousel. Alyssa picked a sea dragon to ride and Nathan picked a horse that was modeled after an actual military horse rode by one of the great generals in the war. I also rode a sea dragon.
They had Charlotte from Charlotte's Web. I learned that most animals on a carousel are horses and that the ones that are not horses are called the menagerie animals. They had two sea dragons, this pig, and an ostrich.
This horse actually has a tail made of hair. We got to see the process that the old carousel pieces go through for restoration. It was pretty interesting.
This horse was one of my favorites. Pretty, isnt it? I entered into a drawing to win my very own carousel horse. Wouldnt it be cool if I won?
We tried to go to the beach today, but got rained out. Maybe tomorrow.

No comments: