"A mind once stretched by a new idea can never regain its original dimensions." ~Oliver Wendall Holmes

Current Weather Info

Current Sun and Moon Info

Monday, June 09, 2008

Peonies, Clover, and a Hot Day!

Here is a picture of the peonies that I promised. Here in Van Wert, they are everywhere. Just about every house has some planted. They are the towns flower and the reason for the festival and parade this past weekend. They are a bushy flower that has a very short bloom time of just a couple weeks, but during that time they are very pretty. They are big and heavy and tend to droop after being rained on. There are at least 40 varieties. To read more about the peony, click here.
My front yard is being taken over by clover. It has always been there in patches, but now it is covering a major portion of my front yard. I have tried using lawn treatments to get rid of it, but it just seems to be getting worse. Can anyone out in blogland help me? How do I get rid of this stuff?It was 90degrees yesterday and HUMID. Even this squirrel thinks it's too hot to move. He just laid himself out on this limb and didnt move for at least an hour!
You know, squirrel is an interesting word, one that has always fascinated me...is it one syllable or two?

No comments: