"A mind once stretched by a new idea can never regain its original dimensions." ~Oliver Wendall Holmes

Current Weather Info

Current Sun and Moon Info

Saturday, December 22, 2007

New puppy and other things

Last week it was about -20 all week. On Thursday it was -30/-59with windchill. I should have plugged in my truck and didnt. I came out of school on Thursday and couldnt start my truck. it was too cold. I plugged it in for a couple hours, but it still wouldnt start. then the battery died because i had tried to start it so many times. so anyway, i left my truck plugged in at school over night and then went back and got it the next day. thank goodness i had a friend to help me jump it and take me back to get it. so, I learned my lesson...plug it in when it's below zero. Here is Avery with his new puppy. Avery has named her Bailey. She's a lab mix. Basically she's just a mutt.
She's very playful. She's a chewer...i can tell already. She likes to chew on toes, finger, noses, chins, hair, cords...that kind of thing.
Here is her box where she is supposed to go potty. She usually just sits in it. Taboo is not very happy about her. He's jealous.
She is very feisty! She took immediately to Avery. They played all night.

It is 8 degrees today. It feels warm after a week of -20. my truck is running like normal again.

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

Glad your truck is running well again! I got here and it was 30 degrees, and it felt so nice! That puppy sure is adorable! Well, I hope you have a great Christmas (and vacation). GO PACK!

Anonymous said...

Your puppy is so cute. It looks like she and Avery will get along well.

I can't imagine the cold temperatures there. All of our snow melted and it's supposed to be about 48 degrees today. So no white Christmas here. A week ago, we had ice, snow and school cancellations and now it's complete opposite. Crazy Ohio weather I guess.

I hope you have a great Christmas.

Lisa

alisha said...

Well, thanks to both of you for telling me how warm it is everywhere else! :) I'm watching the packer game right now. It's still early, but the packers havent scored yet. it's white here. we had about an inch of snow last night and we still have the snow that fell about 3 weeks ago. The puppy is chasing Boo around the house and Boo just keeps trying to get away but the puppy wont leave him alone.

Merry Christmas