"A mind once stretched by a new idea can never regain its original dimensions." ~Oliver Wendall Holmes

Current Weather Info

Current Sun and Moon Info

Sunday, September 20, 2009

Tango!

Number 13 on the birthday list is complete. I've been taking a Argentine Tango class every Saturday night for the past 5 weeks. I have one week left to go and I've learned a ton. I originally signed up with a friend, but have met a bunch of new people from taking the class. The only problem is that there are too many of us women and not even men to go around, so we have to share/rotate partners so that all the girls get a chance to practice. I've been working on recruiting some more men, but so far all i've gotten is alot of maybes. Aside from that it's been a total workout once a week for an hour and a half. Last night I worked up a total sweat while dancing. It's awesome!
This is the studio where the dance classes are held. The dance instructor, Chester, also does Swing class on Friday night that Avery and I might sign up for next month. Chester also teaches Salsa, Waltz, and a bunch of others. Next month he is going to do both a basic Tango class and an advanced Tango class. He said I'm ready for advanced, but I'm going to do both. I'm excited about learned to dance and about getting some excercise. And about checking another thing off my birthday list.

No comments: