"A mind once stretched by a new idea can never regain its original dimensions." ~Oliver Wendall Holmes

Current Weather Info

Current Sun and Moon Info

Tuesday, March 10, 2009

This has never happened to me before...

I hear all the time about people who cant sleep. I see commercials for sleeping pills and prescriptions. I hear about people who claim to be insomniacs. I have always had a hard time imagining what that would be like. I have always slept very well. Sleep and I get along really well. Until two night ago, that is...

The last two nights, I havent been able to sleep. I have a hard time falling asleep and then once I do fall asleep I wake up quickly and then cant get back to sleep again. I think it has something to do with daylight savings time because that's when it started, but I've never had a problem with daylight savings time before so I dont know.

All I know is that IT SUCKS. I have been exhausted these last few days. I am tired when I go to bed and then I toss and turn and fall in and out of sleep. I am having a hard time concentrating because I just want to sleep. And this morning I felt as though I might be getting sick and I can only think it must have something to do with being sleep deprived.

What should I do? Any suggestions? Help!

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Sleep is very, very important! Sometimes just a single benadryl will be enough to make you relax and sleepy. (Only do if you know you are ok taking this OTC antihistamine.) Usually this kind of poor sleep is anxiety related. A nice warm glass of milk or hot chocolate may also help ease you into la la land. If you are tossing and turning, get up for a while...read or do something quiet (no internet, gaming or tv). Maybe your inner clock is confused this year....give it time and it will reset.

Hope you find relief soon. A mind is a terrible thing to lose to insomnia....lol.

Edna