"A mind once stretched by a new idea can never regain its original dimensions." ~Oliver Wendall Holmes

Current Weather Info

Current Sun and Moon Info

Saturday, March 21, 2009

it's not how I imagined it would be...

When I used to think of Denver, Colorado, I would picture a metropolitan city nestled in the cradling bosom of the Rockie Mountains. Not so!

I never imagined that a place could be flatter than Ohio or more treeless than Bethel but IT IS! Denver is in the middle of a huge flat barren plain. It is right next to the Rockie mountains. and it amazes me how the mountains spring forth abruptly from such flat treeless land. There are not foothills to lead into the mountains. It is weird...

and totally unexpected!

the planes in went smoothy and I am happy to be back in civilization again. We went downtown tonight to a brewery for dinner and then a comedy show. It was an improv performance and IT WAS HILARIOUS! Maybe I'll grace you with some pics tomorrow.

But right now, the hot tub is calling!

No comments: