"A mind once stretched by a new idea can never regain its original dimensions." ~Oliver Wendall Holmes

Current Weather Info

Current Sun and Moon Info

Sunday, August 10, 2008

Sun Chasers


Our flight out of Chicago was scheduled for 7:20, but we didnt actually leave until 8 or so. By the time we got into the air, the sun was setting. It made for a very nice view. Here is the sunset over chicago.
But the really interesting thing is that because we were traveling west and north, we basically chased the sun and for the entire flight we got to watch the sun set. Here is the sunset after we got above the clouds.

And 6 hours later, here is the sun (still setting) over Alaska. Pretty neat, eh?
I figured out that if I load the pictures one at a time, it works, but it's a pretty long process, so I'll try to post again when I have better internet.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

The sunset is absolutely beautiful! I'm so glad you made it back ok...and it was so awesome running into you at Kohls!
Hope your doing well! I will continue to comment!

Take care!

Erin said...

Everytime I take the night flight from Chicago to ANC I think pretty much the same thing about chasing the sun.

Good to see you're back and out picking berries. Just out of curiosity, where are you guys living?

Already looking forward to winter! Can't wait for you and Chandra and Avery to venture down to Oscarville.