"A mind once stretched by a new idea can never regain its original dimensions." ~Oliver Wendall Holmes

Current Weather Info

Current Sun and Moon Info

Wednesday, August 13, 2008

Blueberry pickers

Saturday we all decided to go berry picking. We rode our bikes over to a little spot where I had picked berries last summer when I first got here. The tundra was pretty dry and there werent as many berries as usual, but we still got quite a few berries between the 5 of us. Sunday morning before church I made blueberry muffins for everyone and then after church several of us got together for a big breakfast and I made blueberry pancakes. It all turned out pretty spectacular. I even have some leftover berries to freeze for winter. Our new house is right on the edge of town and the tundra is right in our backyard. We stood on the edge of the backyard and within only a few feet there were tons of berries. So, I'm looking forward to picking some more berries to freeze for the winter.

We cleaned the carpets at the new house last night and are planning to move in tonight. The phone is connected and the number is the same as it was last year, so everybody needs to give me a call or I will make sure to try to call everybody sometime this week/weekend.

I'm sitting in the 2nd day of inservice right now. I cant believe the summer is over already. I miss everybody back home, but I'm really having a great time getting reacquainted with my Bethel friends.

No comments: