"A mind once stretched by a new idea can never regain its original dimensions." ~Oliver Wendall Holmes

Current Weather Info

Current Sun and Moon Info

Friday, May 30, 2008

This is how you know it's all worth it!

My first night home, I received this letter...

Dear Ms. ______,

Today, we were asked by our English teacher to pick a teacher throughout our whole school career who has made a difference in our lives and taught us more than just a school subject. As soon as our teacher told us the assignment, I instantly thought of you for many reasons.

Out of all of the teachers I've had from kindergarten up, you are the one that taught me more about life than you know. Every single day you had a smile on your face when we walked in. You made school fun for us. I was never any good at science at my home school. When I came here and took your class, that all changed. Every single day was a blast going to your class (except for the day we did blood typing...ha-ha) and I always looked forward to fourth period. When I was going through hard times in my life with my family, you were there to give me advice and to give me someone to talk to when I was feeling down. A lot of people don't do that anymore. It's all about them. But you cared about your students, and no matter how badly we misbehaved, you never gave up on us. You made me want to do well and learn all I could. I'm so glad I could have a teacher like you to teach me life lessons like responsibility and respect. You taught me how to be confident in my own abilities, as well as how to work in a team.

Let me just say that you were by far the best teacher I ever had. You had such an influence on me that I will never look at school the same again. Thank you for making a difference in my life and for everything you did for me. It will not be forgotten.

Sincerely,
Brian

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Thanks for the package. the kids were so excited!! Alyssa wanted to open it right away but she did good and put it under the tree. I feel like a really bad friend..we havent sent you any packages for x-mas. so if theres anything but alcohol you guys want let me know and i can pick it up. Call me because being the bad friend i am i got a new phone and i dont have your number AGAIN!! have fun on vacation if i dont talk to you before then!! thanks
Edije

Anonymous said...

Thanks for the package. the kids were so excited!! Alyssa wanted to open it right away but she did good and put it under the tree. I feel like a really bad friend..we havent sent you any packages for x-mas. so if theres anything but alcohol you guys want let me know and i can pick it up. Call me because being the bad friend i am i got a new phone and i dont have your number AGAIN!! have fun on vacation if i dont talk to you before then!! thanks
Edije