"A mind once stretched by a new idea can never regain its original dimensions." ~Oliver Wendall Holmes

Current Weather Info

Current Sun and Moon Info

Thursday, May 29, 2008

I'm home!

I got in to Chicago on Saturday and home to Van Wert on Sunday. The house looked really nice when I pulled up, which made me very happy! All the landscaping I did last year has turned out nicely. I had some friends over for a BBQ and fire. It was so good to see everyone. My summer is quickly filling with plans. I had originally planned to get a job, but now it looks like I'll be pretty busy with friends instead, which is great! I've seen so many people since I've been home. Everywhere I go, I see someone and, of course, they want to know all about Alaska!
My grandmother got some tomatoes going for me. I miss gardening. I'm glad I made the decision to come home for the summer, if only for my garden. You cant beat pulling fresh tomatoes right off the vine!
And my strawberry patch is HUGE. I already had a ripe strawberry on there my first day back. It was YUMMY!
I missed grass so much and so did Taboo. He has been outside almost nonstop since we've been home. It's been in the 70's everyday and cool at night. He loves lazying around in the grass.
I have really been enjoying the patio set and grill that I bought last summer. I really didnt have much time to enjoy them before I left, so it has been really nice to have friends gathered round and kick back and enjoy everything i've worked hard for. The weather has been perfect and we had a really rockin' fire going in the fire pit the other night. It doesnt get much better than that.
I spent most of today outside planting flowers and doing yardwork. I LOVE IT! I have been walking around barefoot in the grass as much as possible. I missed grass so much! It's good to be home and I'm looking forward to a good summer!

2 comments:

Charisse said...

awww, love this post! seems so fun! i want to walk around in the grass all day and plant flowers! enjoy your work-free summer! i'm so jealous!

Kale Iverson said...

man, doesn't all that cold ass life make the summer so much more incredible! I'm having a great time too. I can't believe you gave bailey away. Well keep rockin it in the free world.