"A mind once stretched by a new idea can never regain its original dimensions." ~Oliver Wendall Holmes

Current Weather Info

Current Sun and Moon Info

Wednesday, May 07, 2008

Funny Story!

We were at church awhile back and singing a song that goes like this...

Holiness, Holiness is what I long for
Holiness is what I need
Holiness, Holiness is what you want from me...

So, we're singing this song. It's a good song, very upbeat. Fun to sing. When we sing, they have the words up on a big screen because there are no hymnals or anything.
Then the next verse says the same thing, but with the word Righteousness instead of Holiness, but the words on the screen didnt change. So everybody is singing Righteousness, but the words say Holiness. Avery, in all seriousness, looks over at me and quietly asks, "Is that how you spell Righteousness?"

I cracked up laughing and couldnt stop for the rest of the song. Guess you had to be there.

In church this weekend, that we sang that song again and smiled all the way through it.

In other news...
It finally happened...I got stuck in the mud...in my driveway. I called the maintenance guy for my apt. He came and pulled me out.

I got most of my classroom packed last night, thanks to a friend who took a bribe of pizza and came to help. Thanks Christy!

I leave tomorrow for a weekend in Anchorage with the kids that made it to state for there solos and ensembles.

2 comments:

Charisse said...

Haha! This cracked me up! Such a good song! Love that one!

Anonymous said...

Hi Avery this is your big sister Adrian, and I'm over at moms house, and you dorks didn't even call your mother for mothers day!
love adrian