"A mind once stretched by a new idea can never regain its original dimensions." ~Oliver Wendall Holmes

Current Weather Info

Current Sun and Moon Info

Thursday, January 24, 2008

Be careful what you wish for!

I have been wanting snow and I got it. Alot of it! This morning when I went to school there was barely a dusting on the ground. All day out of the window of my classroom, the view got more and more white. By the time I went to lunch, there was a good 8 inches on the ground. We got so much snow that we had to release school early. We got out of school at 2:50, rather than 4:00. By the time I left school, the snow was up to my knees. I had to dig my truck out and even then, I almost got stuck in the parking lot several times. I didnt even attempt to go to the Post Office or anywhere else besides home.
The snow is so high it completely covers Bailey. She is loving it though. She's big enough now to manage the front stairs, so she follows Taboo down and goes potty where she's supposed to. She used to be afraid of the snow, now she frolics in it! She is so much fun, especially now that she's stopped pottying in the house.
The snow is up to the step bar on the truck and up to my knees. I am almost certain that I am not going to be able to get out of my driveway(if you could call the patch of dirt road that leads to my house a driveway) in the morning. I wonder how I'll get to work? I'm planning to get up early and do some shoveling. How I wish I had 4 wheel drive!
In all of this snow, it's warmed up alot. It's actually 30 degrees right now. It's amazing to me how quickly the temperature changes here. When I checked the temp at about 2pm, it was 19 degrees. I checked it again at 2:50 when school let out and it was up to 27! We're supposed to get 3 more inches tonight, but I dont think it will happen. It's pretty clear now. It sure would be nice to have a snow day tomorrow, but they just dont really do that kind of thing here.

No comments: