"A mind once stretched by a new idea can never regain its original dimensions." ~Oliver Wendall Holmes

Current Weather Info

Current Sun and Moon Info

Wednesday, July 30, 2008

What I've been up to...

I know I havent been posting very regularly lately and I know I havent posted anything about what I've been up to these last couple weeks, so here goes...

Two weekends ago on Friday, I went to the Shriners parade with my friends Brian and Janelle, and Brian's two boys, Hunter and Parker. There's Brian and Janelle on the left watching the parade. I dont know why, but I havent been very good about using my camera lately. I should have got a shot of the four of them together, but I just didnt think about it.
The parade was interesting....in a different sort of way. It was really dull. They didnt toss any candy, they didnt have any floats...it was just different. Definitely not what you would expect. After the parade, we headed over to Headwaters Park in Fort Wayne to check out the 3 Rivers Festival. The festival had been going on all week and I had been wanting to go so I was happy to walk around.
Saturday night I didnt do anything. Then on Sunday evening, I got together with Brian, Janelle and the boys again for the huge fireworks display that they put on for the last night of the 3 Rivers Festival. It is usually a very nice display and this year was no exception. Here are some of the better shots that I got of the pyrotechnics. I still havent quite figured out my camera, so these pictures are not near as good as some of the pics I've taken in the past.

There was practically no wind to blow away the smoke created by the fireworks. You can see the smoke rolling down the side of the building. Pretty cool!




The boys and I already had plans to go and do something the next day, so they just headed home with me. We rented a movie and had a late night. On Monday, we went bowling and played at he arcade where the boys won lots of tickets.
That night we had dinner with Brian and Janelle and headed back down to Van Wert to check out the new Batman movie at the drive in. Monday night at the drive in is BYOB. No...not that BYOB...Bring Your Own Bag...for free popcorn. The boys really liked that. I think they filled that popcorn bag up 5 times. We also saw the Journey to the Center of the Earth movie, but not in 3D. I bet it would be really cool in 3D though. We had a really late night watching both those movies at the drive in, esp because that batman movie is really long. I was surprised the boys made it through both movies without falling asleep, but as soon as we got home at 3am...they crashed hard. The next day, we went swimming all day up in FW and then I went with them to their football practice. It was nice to get to spend some time with the boys. They are growing so fast.

This weekend, I went camping with my friend Kevin and his daughter, Savanna. It was a good time. Very peaceful and relaxing. It was nice to put my tent to use too. I think I've only used it a couple of times.

The campground where we stayed has all kinds of stuff to do, but they are most known for all their water toys. This pond is full of inflatable toys in the water that you can jump on, climb up, and slide down. They also have a 'big blue water slide' as well. They have a putt putt course and tennis courts too. We spent alot of time in the water and laying in the sun. My tan is really rockin now.
Being out in the middle of the country camping, we were visited by lots of bugs. I got all bit up by mosquitos the first night because I forgot to put bug spray on my feet. I think the feet have to be the worst place ever to have mosquito bites. They itch like crazy.I was practicing my photography with my camera. I am still trying to get the hang of it. I dont really like it that much though. It just doesnt do the things that I want it to. I really should read the manual.
The campground also had a fishing pond and Kevin and Savanna spent a whole morning fishing.
Savanna caught three little bluegills. Neither Kevin or I could manage to pull anything out. I was mostly just happy to sit and read my book and catch some sun while the two of them fished, but I did cast out a couple of times.
A view of the Ohio countryside.
And a really colorful sunset.

I had fun camping, but it's nice to be sleeping on my bed again. Rather than that air mattress that went flat in the middle of the night and you woke up sleeping on the ground anyway.

I really havent been up to much since then...just hangin around the house watching movies, reading books, doing a puzzle, and finalizing all of the arrangements for heading back to Alaska. Only one week to go now!

2 comments:

Charisse said...

That campground looks really fun with all the water toys! Really made me want to go camping again. Maybe I'll try to squeeze in another camping trip before the summer is over.

Anonymous said...

Hi Alisha,

I thought you did a great job with the pics!

We did a lot of camping when the kids were younger. Brought back many pleasant memories:)

Where does the time go?

Kathy