"A mind once stretched by a new idea can never regain its original dimensions." ~Oliver Wendall Holmes

Current Weather Info

Current Sun and Moon Info

Sunday, August 26, 2007

One week down!


This is Avery's school, Kilbuck Elementary. Home of the Wildcats. It is a 3-6 school. Avery's teacher is Mr. Johnson. Avery seems to like school and is making friends. There are 4 sixth grade classes. The students may or may not switch teachers throughout the day depending on their personal level in each subject area. The Yu'pik Immersion school for 3-6 grade is also housed in this building.
This is BRHS. Bethel Regional High School. Home of the Warriors. Half the building was redone last year and the other half (my half) will be redone this summer. So, next year I'll have a brand new classroom. The school over all is quite nice and I hear we have the best gym around. Bethel holds many of the regional sporting events at the school. When students are in town for events they sleep at the school in the classrooms! Apparently, we are th biggest bed and breakfast in Bethel! Overall I had a really good week and, so far, my students seem to be really great. I hope to have a great year! I will be coaching the 8th grade robotics team...that'll be fun!

No comments: