"A mind once stretched by a new idea can never regain its original dimensions." ~Oliver Wendall Holmes

Current Weather Info

Current Sun and Moon Info

Sunday, August 26, 2007

Dirty jobs in Bethel

Have any of you watched the show Dirty Jobs? Me either. I dont know what channel it's on, but I THINK it's on Tuesday evening. Time is different depending on what time zone. Anyway...this weeks episode of Dirty Jobs is in Bethel. They are tracking birds and swabbing their butts to test for the bird flue virus. Should be interesting! Thought you would all like to know, just in case you want to watch and get a glimpse of Bethel and the surrounding area.

Many people have wanted to know when mine and Avery's birthdays are because of the email I sent out requesting all of your phone numbers, addresses and birthdays. Mine is Feb. 3 and Avery's is Nov. 30. If you havent emailed me with your info yet, please do that. I lost everyone's info when I dropped my phone in the toilet when I was in Vegas. No, I wasn't drunk!
These two pics are both of Main str. Standing in the same spot, the pic above is of main str going Northwest. If you walked up the road two blocks and took a right, you'd be at our house. The yellow building on the left is a church and the red building on the right is the family clinic. The pic below is of main str facing Southeast. You might notice that the intersection actually has street signs and a stop sign. Most streets do not have street signs and many do not have stop signs. You might also notice that the road is paved at the intersection and beyond. there are a few paved roads in Bethel and this section of main is one of them.

6 comments:

Anonymous said...

I am also excited to see Mike Rowe in Bethel. The show comes on Discovery Channel I think. I hope to be joining all of you in Bethel soon. I have thoroughly enjoyed reading your blog...it helps me feel more comfortable about moving there soon too. Right now I am in sunny Florida and ready for a major change. On YahooIM, I am ednawinona. Hope to chat with you sometime.

alisha said...

What brings you to Bethel? When are you coming? I'm glad you have enjoyed my blog, thanks for the comment. If you have any questions...let me know. I know how nice it was for me to have someone to ask questions before I came up. Enjoy the sunshine before you come...there wont be much of it here!

Anonymous said...

I am interviewing for a job at the hospital (behavioral health). I have so appreciated the info about housing and such. I will be on my own and only need a small place. I read on another blog site that Kreider has the best rentals. If you could email me with other info, I'd appreciate it...... ednawinona@yahoo.com

alisha said...

I looked at several of the Kreider rentals and have friends that live in one. Every one I looked at was pretty nice and seems kept up, but their prices seemed higher than anyone else that I talked to.

here is a list of people that i have spoken with who have rentals.

Neely Sundown 5431892

Jon Hasting 5434100 1 bedrooms avail

5433629 studio apt avail

Jamie 5431611 is manager for bobbie fischers rentals. i dont know if she has 1 bedrooms, but you could ask.

shorty 5433158

shawn 9074411922

Jeff at jandp rentals 5432802

Jim v. 5431856 or Jim Mitchell 4259223006....I know they have 1 bedrooms, but their properties did not seem to be well taken care of.

5432519

Nate shaw 5433234 last time i spoke with him, he only had a 3 bedroom

dick hall and jody malus 5435716

Irv Kreider bethel cell phone 5444312 he owns several properties and should have some one bedrooms.

some things that i have learned that you definitely want to ask...what utilities are included? is the water piped or hauled? how big is the water tank? if water is included, how much? washer/dryer in the apt? is it furnished? is the landlord in town? if not, is their an apt manager or maintainence person avail? what is the square footage? how long is the lease length? what are the total move in costs?

hope this helps

alisha said...

also, lots of people get roommates here in Bethel...that might be something you could look into. I know of a couple people who are looking for roommates right now.

Anonymous said...

A roommate situation might be a great option. When I get to Bethel (when that ever gets set up...grrrrr) maybe I can call you and we can put our heads together over a nice meal? (I'll buy.....for you and Avery too). Thanks so much for your help.