"A mind once stretched by a new idea can never regain its original dimensions." ~Oliver Wendall Holmes

Current Weather Info

Current Sun and Moon Info

Monday, August 20, 2007

The first day of school!

Today was the first day of school for myself and for Avery. At my school, BRHS, only the jr. high students came to school. We had an orientation for the 7th and 8th graders. So I really didnt do any teaching today. I got to meet most of my 8th grade students though. Tomorrow I will get to meet my 10th graders. I am teaching three sections on 8th grade physical science and three sections of 10th grade Biology. Tomorrow is a bit of an orientation day too...for the HS students. They get their schedules and their lockers and all that jazz which will take up two hours in the morning. Then we will run on a regular schedule so that I will see all my students tomorrow, 6periods and a homeroom, but I will only get them for about 40 minutes. The regular school day runs from 9am-4pm. That's a long day! I have to be there from 8:30 to 4:30!

Avery's first day was good. His teacher's name is Mr. Johnson and I got to meet him this morning. He's one of the wresting coaches and is a GB Packer fan, so we like him already. Avery had math homework tonight. He was able to make a few more friends. The only thing that upset him was that he said his typing teacher "just expected me to know everything". Apparently all the kids had learned to type last year and Avery hadn't. So whent the teacher asked everyone to type one page about what they learned in typing class last year, Avery freaked out.

Overall it was a good day for both of us. The summer didnt even feel like it flew by. I got to go so many places and see so many things this summer. It feels like the end of last year was years ago. I've come along way in a few months! I'll post more pics as soon as I have some and my new digital camera will me coming soon so it will be much easier to post pics.

No comments: