"A mind once stretched by a new idea can never regain its original dimensions." ~Oliver Wendall Holmes

Current Weather Info

Current Sun and Moon Info

Saturday, June 23, 2012

Number 27: Singing in the rain

When I first arrived in NC, I took the dog for a walk around the neighborhood and got caught out in the  rain.  I made the most of it by strolling along singing to myself (and the dog).  I just happened to have that new Gotye song in my head from the drive from Atlanta.  I walked in the door from my dog walk soaked from the summer rain with a smile on my face.

A few weeks later I was with a couple of friends hiking a trail in Vermont, when it started to rain.  The canopy of trees above us was so thick that the drops barely touched us, but beneath we were singing all the songs we could think of.

No comments: