"A mind once stretched by a new idea can never regain its original dimensions." ~Oliver Wendall Holmes

Current Weather Info

Current Sun and Moon Info

Sunday, July 11, 2010

Alaska sand

I collected a few more sand samples while on my vacation last week. I got a sample from the little beach along the Nenana River behind our hotel in Denali. I got a sample from a little beach down river on the Nenana near Healy. The last sample came from along the banks of Prince William Sound in Whittier. At first glance, they may seem the same, but when you look closely you can see that each sample is, in fact, quite different. You can click on the picture to take a closer look. I'm excited to add these samples to my collection in my classroom and hopefully I'll get a few more while I'm down in Juneau later this month.

No comments: