"A mind once stretched by a new idea can never regain its original dimensions." ~Oliver Wendall Holmes

Current Weather Info

Current Sun and Moon Info

Wednesday, June 09, 2010

9 done, 21 to go

I finished playing Zelda: Twilight Princess yesterday. This completes number 20 on the birthday list. It's so funny that I am playing the same game as an adult that I used to play as a kid. It has all the same characters...the princess, Zelda, and the hero who rescues her, Link. The game is played as Link and always involves some sort of dark wizard and magic. Above is the scene right after I beat the "big boss" and below is Link.
The history of the Zelda games is actually pretty interesting and can be read in this IGN article. Although this game is the same old Zelda in theme and characters, it is a much different Zelda in terms of gameplay and graphics. Ohhhh, the graphics. They were awesome. Beautiful. Below is the Twilight Princess, Midna, who was with me (Link) through the entire game. We were actually trying to save her kingdom, the Twilight Realm.
You might think it's a little weird that I got so into this game and for a breif moment after it was over, I may have agreed. I spent approx. 88 hours of my life playing this game in the last 8 months. 88 HOURS! That's a long time. The reason that I liked this game so much was because it is a role player game (RPG). I like RPG's because there is a story. So it's kind of like reading a book, expect you get to PLAY the book instead. I will say that the ending was a bit anticlimactic, but overall is was fun and a good story with lots of angles and plot twists to keep me interested.

No comments: