"A mind once stretched by a new idea can never regain its original dimensions." ~Oliver Wendall Holmes

Current Weather Info

Current Sun and Moon Info

Thursday, December 25, 2008

Mele Kalikimaka!

That's Merry Christmas here in Hawai'i. We spent our Christmas on the beach! Today was the hottest day yet. It was about 85 degrees! We drove around to the west side of the island and hung out at a beach that was at the end of the road (literally). Here's what our Christmas looked like...


Still working on that 'hang loose' sign...
Some of my Las Vegas friends know that I am a Slurpee addict. Whenever I see a 7-11, I must stop and get one. Well, Hawai'i has it's fair share of 7-11's and, therefore, I have had my fair share of Slurpee's since arriving. Today, I got this pic of Avery with his Slurpee and was surprised to see this angelic glow emanating from the Slurpee. This just further proved that the Slurpee is a gift from God for us on Christmas! :)
My fresh flower lei from the luau the other night. It is just starting to show some wilting after being hot today!
Today we saw some real life beach bums. I was in shock over how many people have a permanent residence set up on the beaches on the west side of the island. It seems to me whenever you get to a place that relies heavily on tourism for their economy, there is always so much poverty.
Another amazing view...
And another Christmas gift to the people of Honolulu!
This evening, we went to see the new Adam Sandler movie, Bedtime Stories. It was pretty funny!

Avery got a boogey board for Christmas! This pretty much sums up our day...it sure didnt FEEL like Christmas!

No comments: