"A mind once stretched by a new idea can never regain its original dimensions." ~Oliver Wendall Holmes

Current Weather Info

Current Sun and Moon Info

Saturday, April 05, 2008

Snowmachinin' Fools!


After much deliberation, we have finally purchased a snowmachine (AKA Snowmobile). Chandra and I found a great deal on this machine and decided to go in halves together to buy it. We are going to be roommates next year and so it was easier and cheaper to share a machine than to each buy one outright. There's Avery and I in the pic above. I got a bright yellow helmet. Chandra and Avery are in the pic below. She got a bright pink helmet! Avery already had a helmet that was given to him by our neighbor.It is a hauling machine, designed to pull loads behind it, not to go fast. We're thinking about getting a sled for it too if we can find a good deal. We took it out and rode for hours today. First, Chandra and I went out on it for a couple hours, then I took Avery out for about an hour or so. By the time we got home, my butt hurt from sitting on it.

It's big enough to easily fit three people on it and has that handy dandy little basket on the back for carrying stuff, which is great because Chandra and I plan to ride it to school next year. It's got a nice wide track for stability. I ONLY almost tipped us twice(Ok, fine, twice with Chandra and twice with Avery), but I always managed to keep us upright, which is pretty good for a first timer, I think. It is really, super hard to steer. My neighbor, who knows alot about snowmachines, came with us to check out the machine and he said that it needed some new runners and that that would help with the steering. Since there's not much of snowmachinin' season left, we thought we'd just wait until next year and get all that done.

While Avery and I were out riding this afternoon, we saw several small private planes parked behind peoples houses. I couldnt help but think how Alaskan this was. Where else do people just have planes parked in their back yards?

1 comment:

Anonymous said...
This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.